MOVE 200-hour Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training Program
Taught by Ann Kreucher, E-RYT 200, and MOVE faculty, this program is offered twice a year. Teacher trainees are required to complete 7 intensive weekends and attend 44 classes in Vinyasa Flow Yoga (at MOVE or another studio willing to sign your attendance sheet). This program is recognized by the Yoga Alliance, and all graduates are eligible to register as a 200-hour YT with the Yoga Alliance. You do not have to be an advanced practitioner to take this training. However, trainees must have at least one year of yoga study under their belts.
- The asanas (postures), their purpose, benefits and where to use in class.
- Basic anatomy and physiology of the asanas and proper alignment.
- Modifications and advancements of the asanas and giving hands-on adjustments.
- The art of sequencing classes in a way that give students a great experience.
- Pranayama (breath exercises) with focus on Ujjayi breath.
- Learning styles, cueing, being present with and communication with your students.
- Yoga philosophies including the 8 limbs of yoga, the yoga sutras, meditation and the art of seva (serving and teaching others).
- The energetic body of the Chakras.
- The ethics of being a yoga teacher.
- The business of being a yoga teacher.
- Your yoga practice will be very intense during training because we need to acknowledge what it feels like in our bodies and what we are asking of our future students.
- Teaching to others every weekend and receiving feedback.
- Yoga, 4-5 classes each intensive weekend, plus the 44 classes required.
- Observing/taking classes and writing about your experience.
- Giving feedback to fellow trainees.
- The final assignment is to teach a free community class at MOVE! This is not one of our regularly scheduled classes, but one scheduled specifically for you to invite your family and friends, teach your first full class, receive feedback and graduate.
Tuition & Fees
- $250 application fee (due with submission of application).
- $2,000 class tuition (due within 2 weeks of acceptance into the program).
- Payment plan is available.
200-hour Yoga Teacher Training takes place over 7 weekends and concludes with you teaching your first class.
Spring Session begins April 21, 2017.
Fall session begins October 6, 2017.